|Placeable||✓ (1 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Used to make Lime Dye|
The Lime Kelp is a dye material and type of plant that is found under any liquid (most commonly underwater) in the Underground and Cavern layers. It is most common in the Ice Biome, and spawns very rarely in the regular underground and cavern layers. It can only be harvested with a Pickaxe. Its sole purpose is to make Lime Dye. It can also be found in the Ocean Biome.
- Lime Kelp is remarkably inconspicuous, being easy to miss even in brightly-lit water. However, the Spelunker Potion or Magic Lantern will highlight them as "valuable".
- Perhaps the most efficient way to "farm" Lime Kelp is to exploit the world map: After exploring in a map's underground snow biome, occasionally examine the area in the world map, zooming in to look for isolated dark green pixels in the water. (Mousing over these pixels will show "Lime Kelp" as a tooltip.) Since the world map updates with a live feed of each explored area, newly-spawned plants can be spotted by going over the map again later. This works on every biome, however kelp is more common in the Ice Biome. They are also easier to spot on the map due to the white / blue background.
- Although Lime Kelp is available in placed form on the version, breaking one never yields an item.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Made changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced tile, but not associated item.