- Internal Item ID: 158
The Lucky Horseshoe is an accessory that negates Fall Damage. On the Desktop version, Lucky Horseshoes can be found in Gold Chests in the Underground and Cavern layers. On the Console version, Old-gen console version, Mobile version, version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, it can be found in Floating Island Chests, or by opening a Sky Crate that is obtained by fishing in the Space biome. Lucky Horseshoe can be very handy when exploring Chasms because the player will not need to worry about being damaged from long vertical drops.
Once the player has found a Grappling Hook and/or a Cloud in a Bottle, the Lucky Horseshoe loses some of its usefulness, and can potentially be swapped out, although having one equipped is always a good safeguard, as the Grappling Hook can take some time to retract, and the Cloud in a Bottle can only be used once per fall. A set of Wings seems to remove any and all usefulness of this item, saving you an item slot, as it also negates fall damage completely, but Lucky Horseshoes can be accessed much sooner than all but one of the different Wings, seeing as most wings are Hardmode Accessories.
Beware that this accessory does not work when the player is suffering from the Stoned debuff, which also incurs much more severe fall damage than normal.
total: 7 row(s)
- It is possible for a Lucky Horseshoe to generate or be reforged with the modifier "Lucky", giving it the name "Lucky Lucky Horseshoe". A similar trick can be done with the Deadly Sphere Staff, Lucky Coin and Arcane Flower.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Now found in cavern layers chest instead of Skyware chests.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now used to craft Green, Amber, and Pink Horseshoe Balloons.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now be combined with Balloons to craft Horseshoe Balloons.
- Desktop 1.1: Can now be combined with the Obsidian Skull to craft the Obsidian Horseshoe.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Sprite updated.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now used to craft Green, Amber, and Pink Horseshoe Balloons. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now used to craft Green, Amber, and Pink Horseshoe Balloons. ()
- Console 1.02: Can now be combined with Balloons to craft Horseshoe Balloons.
- Console-Release: Introduced, used to craft the Obsidian Horseshoe.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Sprite updated.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Now used to craft Green, Amber, and Pink Horseshoe Balloons.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Can now be combined with Balloons to craft Horseshoe Balloons.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Can now be combined with the Obsidian Skull to craft the Obsidian Horseshoe.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, used to craft Horseshoe Balloons and the Obsidian Horseshoe.