The Magic Dagger is a magic-based weapon; despite being a physical tool, it uses mana. It can be found as an uncommon drop from a Mimic.
- The Magic Dagger acts like a regular Throwing Knife when thrown. It will fly in the air for a moment and when the maximum distance is reached, it plummets towards the ground in an arc.
- Capable of piercing multiple enemies, it is a great weapon for combating multi-segmented or large monsters/bosses. Some good examples are the Digger, Bone Serpent, The Destroyer, and Skeletron Prime (taking out his multiple gadgets).
- Combined with the fact that Mimics drop around 10 , farming this dagger can be an efficient money making tactic, as it sells for an additional 20 .
- It has the same sprite as the Throwing Knife, but with a golden tint.
- To make up for its lax knockback, it has fair range, is mana efficient, and can dish out high DPS (damage per second).
- The Magic Dagger has a longer range than the Throwing Knife.
- Added to the game.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Offensive|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.