The Martian Drone is a Hardmode, post-Golem flying enemy that spawns during the Martian Madness event. Upon spawning, it flies diagonally up from a bottom corner of the screen, moving through blocks. If not destroyed, it stops once it reaches a point just above the player, then spins and explodes into spark particles that fall and linger on the ground, which will damage players or NPCs that touch them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player is inside a tunnel, the drone will stop pursuing and hovering on the player's head as long as the player stays in tunnel. The same strategy applies to dealing with Corites.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy mostly resembles the General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper, a drone used primarily by the United States Air Force.
- The Bestiary entry for the Martian Drone: "The data collected from these drones are sent back to the motherships moments before they self-destruct onto their foes."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.