The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Martian Probe is a rare Hardmode, post-Golem enemy that is similar to the Goblin Scout, in that both are "scouts", but staying under it for enough time will cause it to detect you, which in turn leads to the Martian Madness invasion event starting, unlike the Goblin Scout, which does not cause the Goblin Invasion to begin.
Regardless of where the Probe is encountered, the invasion (like other invasion events) will always take place around the town NPCs/original spawn point.
- Martian Probes will typically not spawn within the inner two-thirds of the map. This makes the Space layer and the Ocean biome the ideal locations for trying to find them.
- For faster results, Battle Potions and a Water Candle can be used.
- Spawn rates are increased during a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse, as well as increased spawning chance in the space layer. Also, a Jungle biome that is hand-made (has 80 jungle blocks) will also increase the spawn rates.
- Once a probe is discovered, the event can be triggered by allowing the probe to "scan" the player and fly away. The probe's beam will turn from green to red once it has detected the player.
- Probes will not spawn during the Celestial Event.
- Added to the game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.