|AI Type||Rider AI|
100200300 (Martian Deathray)
160320480 (Martian Deathray berserk)
60100150 (Saucer Scrap)
|Max Life||270005400081000 (all parts)|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 392
The Martian Saucer is a large flying Hardmode, post-Golem mini-boss that spawns during the Martian Madness event. It can only spawn if the Martian Madness event is around 30% completed or higher, and it can move through blocks. It has four turrets with independent health meters that each must be destroyed, which include two rocket launchers and two laser machine guns. In addition, the saucer itself fires a large beam ("Martian Deathray") which can only fire directly downward and cannot be destroyed independently.
The Martian Saucer has three attack phases it cycles through in order during its first phase. It always moves a short distance between them.
- The saucer locks onto the player's current location and shoots a volley of lasers at that location. This attack does not follow the player if they move around.
- The saucer fires multiple small homing missiles from its cannons.
- The saucer positions itself above the player before unleashing its "deathray", traveling in the direction the player was in.
In Expert Mode, the Martian Saucer enters a second phase upon destroying all four turrets, whereupon its core becomes vulnerable. During the second phase, the boss continually shoots a deathray that deals extreme damage, and releases numerous damaging sparks in between deathrays.
- The saucer will drop sparks on the floor when a cannon or turret is destroyed and will continue to until it is defeated.
- If the saucer is transitioning into its second phase during its deathray attack, the deathray will stay in one place until the transition is complete.
- Killing a Martian Saucer adds 5 percent completion to the event.
- Unlike other event bosses (except for Pumpking), the Saucer leaves if all players are killed.
- The Radar counts the Saucer as 6 enemies total: one for each turret, one for each cannon, one for the hitbox part of the saucer, and one for the large invulnerable piece.
- The Martian Deathray may appear to be unable to pass through solid blocks (the ground, for example), but it can shoot through solid blocks to reach the player. This functions similarly to Moon Lord's downward laser attack.
- To dodge its first attack, hover above or below its lasers. To dodge its second attack, run away from the saucer as it shoots so that most of the missiles hit the ground in front of the player.
- To avoid its third attack, as well as its final enraged stage, simply stand under blocks. Weapons that attack through blocks, yoyos, or homing weapons like the Possessed Hatchet are useful during this phase.
- To avoid getting caught by its deathray, fly over the saucer or dash away or use the Rod of Discord/Hook of Dissonance (which will not damage the player when teleporting through). During the second phase, move counter to the saucer's movement during the pauses in its deathray. With well timed dashes, the laser can be completely avoided.
- If the "Wet" buff from Cute Fishron is activated, the player can fly slightly faster than the saucer.
- The Martian Saucer is a unique mini-boss in several ways:
- It is the only mini-boss that has a status message appear in the chat when defeated. It is, furthermore, the only mini-boss in the game that does not have an "encounter" message (i.e. "Martian Saucer has awoken!")
- It is the only mini-boss to drop recovery potions.
- It is the only mini-boss that receives notable AI changes in Expert Mode.
- It appears in the "boss" section of the bestiary, unlike other minibosses, suggesting it may be a boss.
- The Martian Saucer was once named "Mothership" during development, according to an unimplemented achievement.
- The Bestiary entry for the Martian Saucer: "An advanced flying saucer from somewhere well beyond this world. The destruction from its weaponry is unimaginable."
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.