The Martian Saucer is a mini-boss that spawns as part of the Martian Madness event. It will hover over the player shooting rockets, lasers and a massive, high-damage "death ray" that fires straight downwards.
- A Solar Eruption will do a lot of damage to the turrets and cannons.
- The Saucer will always try to go above the player while using the Death Ray, even through blocks, so grappling to the bottom of a surface and firing at it with weapons that can fire through walls (Death Sickle, Nettle Burst) should help defeat it.
- The Saucer appears to have a routine attack pattern. When it first spawns, it will be shooting its Death Ray directly beneath it. After a while, it will fly towards the player and spray the area with lasers, then shoot out homing missiles and fire bombs. The cycle will then repeat
- When both Missile and Laser turrets are destroyed, the Saucer will shake for a bit, before entering the second phase. It will only use its Death Ray attack and will increase its speed substantially. This phase is extremely dangerous due to the high damage of the Death Ray (300/ damage).
- None of Martian Saucer's attacks can go through blocks (except the blast from its rockets), hence building a shaft can help recovering.
- Homing weapons can prove great usefulness as one can stay relatively safe inside a shelter, and keep firing through a small hole.
- Explosive weapons are very useful, as they can hit multiple parts of the Saucer during its first stage. The Snowman Cannon's homing rockets are ideal for this.
- Summoners are perfect for this opponent, as they can remain behind cover and still deal massive damage with their summoned creatures and turrets.
- Magic weapons like the Nebula Arcanum can also prove highly useful, as summoning several nebulae can deal massive damage.
- Invisible, invincible pieces in multiplayer have been fixed.
- Added to the game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.