|Tooltip||Allows the ability to climb walls and dash|
Gives a chance to dodge attacks
- Internal Item ID: 984
The Master Ninja Gear is a Hardmode, post-Plantera accessory that combines the abilities of the Black Belt, the Tabi, and the Tiger Climbing Gear. It allows the player to cling to and slide down vertical walls, quickly dash short distances by double tapping the horizontal movement key, and offers a 10% chance to automatically dodge enemy attacks. There is a one-second cooldown period between dashes.
- The dash ability can be used to instantly accelerate to sprinting speed when combined with Hermes Boots or other Sprinting accessories.
- A cloud of smoke will appear around the player upon a successful dodge. If the Cross Necklace or Star Veil is equipped when this happens, the extended invincibility provided by those items stacks with the Master Ninja Gear, providing a total of 2 seconds of invincibility.
- Any dye applied to the accessory will also affect most of the smoke particles from a dodge, but have no effect on a dash.
- If a player is wearing the Paladin's Shield, incoming damage from teammates can still be dodged.
- The dash distance is about twice as far as Shield of Cthulhu, however the Master Ninja Gear does not impact other enemies, applying damage.
- In the Nintendo version, shifting the circle pad twice in the preferred direction works as it would on any other version, but as this can be tedious and/or tiring, it is possible, as long as a Grappling Hook is in the player's inventory, to press A while moving the circle pad from its center position to perform a dash. Take note, however, that this will also fire the Grappling Hook in question.
- Dodging an attack cancels the debuff inflicted by it. This is a bug.
- The dodge ability stacks with the effect of the Brain of Confusion. One can use Master Ninja Gear, the Brain of Confusion and Hallowed armor all together for a much higher chance to dodge. This is very helpful in situation where defense is not enough to nullify high damage such as in Master Mode or against the Enraged Empress of Light, and Dungeon Guardian.
- The dodge ability can prevent fall damage.
- Players may have a difficult time with construction while having this item equipped. Small movements when walling or building can activate the dash and cause misplaced tiles/blocks.
- It may be difficult to dash on the Mobile version due to its movement controls.
- Just like the Black Belt, it is quite effective to dodge Bosses with projectiles and or high speed, such as Duke Fishron if used properly.
- If you wish to have the same effect as the Shield of Cthulhu, use the Unicorn mount (or any other mount with the ability to ram) directly after dashing, which will effectively "ram" enemies the same way the Shield of Cthulhu would.
- If the player dashes into a block and switches the direction they look at before they hit the wall, they will bounce by hitting the wall and keep a small portion of their velocity.
total: 1 row(s)
- As the name suggests, this accessory gives the player abilities similar to what mythical legends of ninja were capable of accomplishing - they were trained in climbing over walls, could sprint extremely fast, and could dodge enemies with the use of illusional decoys which enemies often attacked instead of the ninja.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Dashing is now longer, but it requires more time to recharge.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now brings the player to full speed instead of stopping.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.