|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons Skeletron Prime|
- Internal Item ID: 557
The Mechanical Skull is a boss-summoning item used to summon Skeletron Prime, a Hardmode version of Skeletron. It can only be used at night, which means consuming this item during day will not spawn Skeleton Prime. It is also unusable when the boss is already present. It can be used in any world, but usually only becomes accessible in a Hardmode World. If Skeletron Prime has not been defeated yet in a Hardmode world, all enemies have a
0.04*1/2500 (0.04%) chance of dropping this item, with the exception of statue-spawned enemies, Meteor Heads, and Old One's Army enemies.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Suspicious Looking Skull ()||Mythril Anvil|
|Suspicious Looking Skull ()|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mechanical Skull's texture is based on the Skull Lantern furniture item.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Skull Lantern and Mechanical Skull are very similar in appearance to the skull in the original sprite for Skeletons: .
- Like the Mechanical Worm, it looks like a wind-up toy.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Mechanical Worm and Mechanical Eye, the other mechanical boss-summoning items.
- Suspicious Looking Skull, Ocram's summon item of similar appearance to the Mechanical Skull.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance reduced from
0.1*1/1000 (0.1%) to 0.04*1/2500 (0.04%).
- Desktop 1.2:
- Now a Hardmode drop.
- No longer need Copper Bars to be crafted.
- Souls of Night and Light needed reduced from 5 to 3.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.02: Now a Hardmode drop with the droprate of Desktop 1.2.1. Recipe changed to match Desktop 1.2.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Now a Hardmode drop with the droprate of Desktop 1.2.1. Recipe changed to match Desktop 1.2.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.