- Internal Item ID: 556
The Mechanical Worm is a Hardmode item used to summon The Destroyer, the Hardmode version of the Eater of Worlds. It can only be used during the night; attempting to use it during the day will neither summon the boss nor consume the item. Using another Mechanical Worm while The Destroyer is already summoned has no effect. If The Destroyer has not been defeated yet in a Hardmode world, all enemies have a
0.04*1/2500 (0.04%) chance of dropping this item, with the exception of statue-spawned enemies, Meteor Heads, and Old One's Army enemies.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Worm Food, a Mechanical Worm can be used outside of The Corruption. However, it requires night time for usage, whereas Worm Food lacks a time requirement.
- Like other mechanical boss summoning items, the Mechanical Worm can be brought to pre-Hardmode worlds and will successfully summon The Destroyer there.
- As with several items, the Mechanical Worm has multiple crafting recipes (four in total) due to some items in the recipe allowing substitutes.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There used to be a minor grammatical error in the item's tooltip: It previously said "Summons Destroyer" instead of "Summons The Destroyer". In the version, this mistake was never present.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was: .
- Desktop 1.2.1: Drop chance decreased from 1 in 1000 (0.1%) to 1 in 2500 (0.04%).
- Desktop 1.2:
- Now also drops randomly from any enemy in Hardmode.
- No longer requires copper, and requires one fewer Soul of Night.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Console 1.02: Made changes from Desktop 1.2.1.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Made changes from Desktop 1.2.1.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.