|Damage||25 / 23 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||1 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||7 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||50% chance to not consume ammo|
'Minishark's older brother'
- Internal Item ID: 533
The Megashark is a Hardmode gun that fires bullets. It is a stronger version of the Minishark and is one of the strongest pre-Plantera guns in the game. It fires at an insanely fast speed and has a 50% chance not to consume ammo.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
total: 1 row(s)
Comparison to Uzi
|Knockback||1 (Extremely weak)||3.5 (Weak)|
|Critical strike chance||4%||4%|
|Use time||7 (Insanely fast)||9 (Very fast)|
|Chance not to consume ammo||50%||0%|
|Base DPS (with Musket balls)||285||256|
- If The Destroyer is fought before any other mechanical boss, the Megashark can be used to defeat the other two, making the fights much easier.
- If the reduced 50% ammo consumption of this weapon is combined with a ranged bonus of 20% reduced ammo usage (such as the Fossil armor's, Shroomite armor's or Ammo Box's), or with a 25% reduced ammo usage (such as the Hallowed armor's or Adamantite armor's), the observed final bonus is multiplicative between the two, resulting in a 60% ammo reduction or 62.5% ammo reduction respectively (That means that a stack of 999 bullets will yield about 2498 and 2664 shots on average, respectively). In case it is used with the Titan armor, the resultant bonus will be 78% less ammo consumption (3842 shots on average).
- Using an Endless Musket Pouch renders the ammo usage reduction useless, which allows one to wear other sets of armor in favor of different bonuses.
- Compared to the Gatligator and the Uzi, the Megashark is the gun with the highest accuracy, lowest use time, and is the easiest to obtain. The Gatligator is very fast but has low accuracy and can be rare at times, and the Uzi has high velocity bullets and a good amount of damage, but is slower and much more rare. That said, both the Gatligator and the Uzi can be obtained before defeating The Destroyer (Megashark can only be crafted), which can be seen as a point in their favor.
- Paired with a Golden Shower, the Megashark is a powerful weapon that can last all the way up to the Martian Madness.
- The Minishark has the same sell value as the Megashark, despite being weaker and an ingredient in its crafting recipe.
- The S.D.M.G. is a direct upgrade to the Megashark, though unlike the Megashark, it is an exclusive drop.
- When firing straight down, one can see that the bullets shoot just above the barrel, near the fins.
- Since Lepus has a 1% chance to drop 3 Souls of Might, it is possible to obtain the crafting ingredients for the Megashark pre-Hardmode. However, it will still require a Hardmode Anvil to craft.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sell value increased from 6 to 7.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage increased from 23 to 25.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- Note that DPS is rarely considered a suitable stat for comparison due to being affected by numerous variable, thus unreliable factors.