|Use time||16 (Very fast)|
The Meowmere is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord autoswing melee weapon. When swung, it fires a projectile trailed by a rainbow and shaped like a cat's head, and consumes no mana or ammunition. The projectile is affected by gravity, pierces multiple enemies, and ricochets four times, and each ricochets emits an explosion that grows bigger after each ricochets, before disappearing on the fifth hit. The Meowmere has a
11.11*1/9 (11.11%) chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The cat projectile makes a "meow" sound and produces a small rainbow explosion every time it bounces. Explosions grow in size with each ricochet. These are purely visual and deal no damage.
- The cat projectile travels horizontally at about 62 mph. It seems to speed up every time it bounces and/or pierces.
- Damage seems to increase over time, rising from 200 to 244.
- Projectile-reflecting enemies, such as the Selenian and closed Mimics, will reflect the cat projectile. As the Meowmere is often used at close range to strike with the blade, this can prove especially deadly to the wielder.
- The cat sound effect made from swinging the sword shares the same sound effect made when jumping while riding the Meowmere Minecart.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be very useful in close-range situations, for instance inside the Hardmode post-Plantera Dungeon, because of the large crowds of enemies in small chambers with a relatively flat geometry allows you to flood the room with bouncing projectiles.
- The listed damage only applies to the actual blade of the sword. The projectile does much less damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some players are annoyed by the Meowmere's sound and choose to alter the game's sound files to remove or change it: Delete or rename
Item_58.xnbin the sounds folder (
<Steam-folder>\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content\Sounds). You may additionally copy
Item_58.xnbso there are no missing files. The sound for
Item_8.xnbis hardly noticeable.
- The cat-shaped rainbow projectiles are inspired by the Nyan Cat meme.
- Even though the Meowmere has the highest listed base damage in the game, the Zenith, a sword which requires the Meowmere to build, quite fittingly has much higher DPS, even more so with Solar Flare armor and other such accessories.
- The Terrarian, tying with the Zenith for the second highest base damage, also has higher DPS when using the Yoyo Bag accessory.
- The Star Wrath also has an unlisted 2x damage multiplier on its projectiles, which technically grants it higher base damage than the Meowmere.
- Additionally, some single-use explosive weapons like Dynamite, Bunny Cannon, and Explosives inflict more damage than even a Ruthless Meowmere.
- It was referred to as the Meowmur before 1.3 was released.
- In the Mobile version, one of the developers changed the game credits on April Fools' Day to mention a supposed new melee weapon that would shoot cat projectiles, referring to the Meowmere.
- The Meowmere appears in the video game Dungeon Defenders 2 as a weapon.
- The actual blade is very similar to the Palladium Sword.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.