|Use time||10 (Very fast)|
- Meteor 1
- Meteor 2
- Meteor 3
The Meteor Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon which summons a falling Meteor projectile from the sky. The Meteor falls in the direction of the cursor, damaging nearby enemies upon colliding with a block. They cannot pass through solid objects, but may pass through platforms. It also emits light particles which continue traveling after the impact.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
total: 1 row(s)
- The Meteor Staff's projectiles spawn approximately 40–42 tiles above the player. They collide with any block in their path, potentially even directly upon spawning.
- The Meteor Staff emits an explosion when it contacts enemies, allowing the player to attack multiple entities at the same time.
- Lock On does not work with the Meteor Staff, rather the projectiles spawn above the cursor instead of the targeted enemy.
- This weapon is extremely useful in early Hardmode, as it can hit through walls and is easy to make.
- The Meteor Staff can be thought of as a magic counterpart to the Daedalus Stormbow, with the latter matching the staff's attack the most closely when used with Hellfire Arrows. The Stormbow allows for substantially higher damage per second and more varied attack effects, but obtaining it requires fighting a Hallowed Mimic, while the Meteor Staff can be crafted from ingredients dropped by regular enemies met in the Hallow, making it easier to obtain.
- The Meteor Staff is one of the least mana-efficient weapons in the game, similarly to the Lunar Flare, which has the same mana cost and a similar attack.
- This weapon also helps against the Flying Dutchman, as the boss cannot pass through walls, as well as the Martian Saucer which cannot pass or attack through low ceilings (though it can attack through blocks on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, making this strategy less viable).
- The Meteor Staff can be very useful when lighting up the minimap as the projectiles emit high quantities of light.
- On the Mobile version, when the inventory is open, the Meteor projectiles can be seen spawning due to the upwards screen movement when the inventory is opened.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.