Meteorite is an uncommon type of ore mined from Meteorite crash sites. Crash sites are not generated upon world creation, but instead generate throughout the game based on certain conditions. Mining Meteorite requires a Tungsten Pickaxe or better. Additionally, Meteor Heads also have a 2% chance to drop a single piece of Meteorite, though only in pre-Hardmode.
Crash sites can occur anywhere, accompanied by a message signifying the event. Meteorite is required to craft Meteorite Bars.
Contact with Meteorite blocks causes the player to be inflicted with the Burning debuff, unless the player has the Obsidian Skull accessory (or its upgrades) equipped, or is using an Obsidian Skin Potion. Meteorite can be mined without these defenses, and the ore is safe to collect once mined.
total: 2 row(s)
- Water/Honey will not prevent damage from a Meteorite block.
- Meteorite, Hellstone, Luminite, and Obsidian are the only ores that do not have "ore" in the name.
- Meteorite cannot be broken by explosives before hardmode.
- Turning Meteorite into Meteorite Bars and selling them is 133% more profitable than selling the raw Meteorite itself.
- Blocks between the player and a Meteorite block will prevent damage. A layer of Sand or a similar gravity-affected block can effectively negate much of the danger of mining Meteorite.
- If a player places at least 75 / 50 / 23 pieces of Meteorite, they can create an artificial Meteorite biome, where all enemy spawns are replaced by Meteor Heads.
- While Water/Honey will not prevent the damage from Meteorite blocks, they will cancel the On Fire! debuff that Meteor Heads have a chance to inflict, meaning that they can still be useful to bring when mining in a Meteorite biome.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Explosives no longer destroy Meteorite.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.2:
- No longer causes invincibility frames when touched. Instead burns for 10 damage every tick.
- Increased stack limit from 250 to 999.
- Now takes fewer hits with a pickaxe to mine. A Nightmare Pickaxe, for example, now takes 2 hits to mine Meteorite instead of 4.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Now have a sparkle effect.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.