It currently runs on iOS and iPadOS devices, Android devices, Fire OS devices and Stadia. Windows Phone devices are no longer supported and will not get further updates. The New Chinese version runs on the same desktop equivalent version as the rest of the mobile versions.
iOS and Android devices running version 188.8.131.52+ require at least iOS 10.0 / Android 4.3 and at least 1 GB of RAM (e.g. iPhone 6, RCA Mercury 7L & Samsung Galaxy S3), although devices with 1.5 GB are necessary for playing on large worlds and are recommended to take advantage of the graphics settings (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7” (2016), iPhone 6S or LG K8). 1.5 GB of RAM is also the minimum requirement to host an online world. Amazon devices have similar minimum requirements to Android, and a specific list of supported devices has been posted on the forums.
|Platform||Date of last update||Current version||Desktop equivalent|
|iOS & iPadOS||May 5, 2022||184.108.40.206.2 (Build 876)||220.127.116.11|
|Android (Google Play)||May 5, 2022||18.104.22.168.2 (Build 876)||22.214.171.124|
|Android & Fire OS (Amazon Appstore)||December 1, 2020||126.96.36.199.2 (Build 537)||188.8.131.52|
|Stadia||March 18, 2021||184.108.40.206.3 (Build 598)||220.127.116.11|
|Windows Phone||July 25, 2016||18.104.22.168||22.214.171.124|
The following content was removed from all mobile platforms, except the Windows Phone version, with the release of Mobile 126.96.36.199. Apart from these, all content exclusive to the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version (except for the Zapinator) is also present. In theory the Golden Seaweed and Shiny Black Slab items are also obtainable on Windows Phone, but would have to be obtained though trade from the pre-188.8.131.52 Amazon Fire TV version and pre-184.108.40.206 Android version, respectively. The Windows Phone version also contains the features for the Chinese New Year event, however this event is unimplemented and the features do not appear during gameplay.
- Short, dynamic nights in pre-Hardmode. In order to accommodate the shorter play times that mobile game sessions tend to entail, day and night last for shorter overall periods, and boss or event fights can cause the day or night period to extend in order to offer players more time to complete them. However once Hardmode begins, the day and night cycle will progress at the same speed as in other versions. Pre-Hardmode daytime is 15 minutes whereas nighttime is 9 minutes.
Mobile Chinese Version
Two versions of Terraria have been released on mobile devices in China: the old Chinese version and the new Chinese version. Both versions are adapted from the standard Mobile version but feature many changes and additions, some due to government censorship, others to increase marketability, or simply to have interesting exclusive content. The old Chinese version has been pulled from all platforms and is no longer available to purchase, but the new Chinese version is still active.
- Local multiplayer is supported for up to 8 iOS/iPadOS/Android/Fire OS players but online is supported for up to 16 players.
- For mobile users on the Android version, although basic mouse and keyboard use is supported, the touch UI cannot be disabled. Keys also cannot be bound or rebound. External display is also supported, the UI can be rescaled in the settings, and the zoom distance from the player can be changed from the bottom of the screen with a maximal zoom of ×2.00.
- For mobile users on iOS 13 or iPadOS, basic keyboard use is supported. The touch UI cannot be disabled and keys cannot be bound or rebound. Mice are not supported and only emulate basic touches.
The crafting window of the Guide.
- For Mobile developer news & announcements, see Developer News & Announcements > Mobile - 505 Games/DR Studios.
- For Mobile support, see Mobile Support.
- For information and known issues regarding the Mobile 1.3 update, see Mobile 1.3 Known Issues.
- For an introduction to the updated 1.3 controls, see 1.3 Controls.
- For an explanation of the Mobile 1.3 local file structure, see Local File Structure.
- For instructions on backing up/restoring local data, see Backup/Restore Instructions for iOS / Backup/Restore Instructions for Android.
- For a tutorial on setting up Mobile 1.3 multiplayer, see 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide.
- Terraria Mobile 1.3 Post-Launch Hotfixes Build Notes Oct 3, 2019
- Terraria State of the Game - July 2019 Jul 19, 2019
- Mobile Terraria 1.3 Launches on Amazon Today! Oct 14, 2019
- Changelog for Mobile Terraria v220.127.116.11.2 Build 537 Patch notes and known issues Dec 1, 2020
- Mobile Terraria Fixes Jul 22, 2016
- Terraria Mobile has been tuned for mobile players (shorter play sessions). May 7, 2015
- Day and night cycle for mobile Feb 24, 2017
<ref>tag with name "googleplay store" defined in
<references>is not used in prior text.