Molten armor is an armor set consisting of the Molten Helmet, Molten Breastplate, and Molten Greaves. It has the highest defense of any pre-Hardmode armor set, but can also be one of the most difficult to obtain.
A full set of Molten armor provides the following benefits:
- +25 defense
- +17% increased melee damage
- +7% melee speed
- +7% melee critical strike chance
- Immunity to the On Fire! debuff
- If the full set is visible, it will leave a fire trail similar to that of the Meteor armor.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Molten Helmet now gives 7% Melee Critical Chance.
- Molten Breastplate now gives 7% Melee Damage.
- Molten Leggings now give 7% Melee Speed.
- The 17% Melee Damage set bonus has been reduced to 10%.
- Players wearing the full Molten set cannot be inflicted with the On Fire debuff.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Set bonus damage increased from 15% to 17%.
- Set bonus light effect while moving removed.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Now requires Gold armor to be crafted.
- Defense for each item increased by 1.
- Set bonus changed from 5 defense to +15% damage and light effect while moving.
- Desktop 1.0.3:
- Defense for each item reduced by 2.
- Set bonus reduced from 10 to 5 defense.
- Armor sprite updated.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.