Moon Lord Legs
|Tooltip||Slightly increases mobility|
'These might be Steve's'
The Moon Lord Legs replace the player's legs with Moon Lord-themed tentacles which produce a unique walking animation, a purely visual effect. In addition to providing 3 defense, the item has the following effects:
- Increases the maximum safe falling distance by 10 tiles, jump speed by 1.8, and jump duration by 1
- Increases movement speed by 25%
- Any Chest type can spawn this item and it will generate alongside any loot already generated in that Chest.
- This item is an excellent starting armor option which provides equivalent defense to a full set of Wood armor, increases base jump reach from 6.27 to 10.02 tiles, and has 5 times the speed boost of an Aglet.
- The Moon Lord Legs can safely substitute the leg parts of some early armor sets, providing a mobility boost as well as a defense bonus in some cases:
- Armors crafted from any type of wood only have +1 defense as a set bonus, with the greaves having either 1 defense as well or, in the case of regular Wood Greaves, no defense at all. As a result, replacing them with Moon Lord Legs gives a net defense bonus of +1 or +2 respectively.
- The Snow armor and the functionally identical Pink Snow armor have no set bonus, while the respective leg parts only provide 1 defense. Therefore, using the Moon Lord Legs gives 2 more defense.
- Replacing the leg parts of Copper armor or Tin armor (both have 2 defense set bonus, while the corresponding greaves only have 1 defense) gives no net bonus to defense, but still may be useful because of improved mobility.
- Doing the same with Iron armor will result in 1 less defense, because the Iron Greaves and the set bonus give a total of 4 defense, but this can be compensated with a Shackle, potentially allowing to save enough Iron Bars for both a Pickaxe and a Broadsword.
- For the Lead armor, the total loss is 2 defense, and for the higher-tier metal armors it only gets bigger. However, the Moon Lord Legs are made less useful this far into the game by such mobility accessories as Cloud in a Bottle and Hermes Boots, as well as Hooks.
- If one wishes to keep the original set’s visuals while wearing the Moon Lord Legs, they can equip the corresponding armor’s leg piece in a social slot.
- The Moon Lord Legs can also pair well with Rain armor and especially the Wizard set, with both sets lacking their own leg pieces.
|Moon Lord Legs equipped with the Moon Lord Mask.|
- The Moon Lord's legs are a recurring in-joke in the Terraria community. This item was introduced by Redigit as a joke answer to a petition to add the Moon Lord's legs to the game as a boss.
- The tooltip "'These might be Steve's'" is a reference to the fact that Arkhayla jokingly claimed the Moon Lord to be "Cthulhu's youngest brother Steve".
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Fixed an issue where wearing Moon Lord Legs and Frog Legs at the same time would give the player no legs at all.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199.