|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Duration||102–10 or 20 seconds|
- Internal Buff ID: 20
Compared to the more random flying patterns of pre-Hardmode Hornets, Moss Hornets act more aggressively, hovering closer to the player's position and shooting their stingers in rapid bursts. The stingers have a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff to the player for 10 seconds. In Expert Mode, the chance is 33.33*1/3 (33.33%) for 20 seconds and 66.67*2/3 (66.67%) for 2–10 seconds. They cannot be destroyed with weapons and travel at about the same speed as the darts from a Dart Trap.
All variants of Moss Hornets have identical drops.
3 values: Pre-Hardmode › Hardmode › Post-Plantera
|NPC ID||Type||Health||Damage||Defense||KB Resist||Coins|
|-18||Tiny Moss Hornet||176/352/528||56/112/168 (contact)
4896 (ranged attack)
|-19||Little Moss Hornet||198/396/594||63/126/189 (contact)
54108 (ranged attack)
|176||Moss Hornet||220/440/660||70/140/210 (contact)
60120 (ranged attack)
|-20||Big Moss Hornet||242||77 (contact)
66132 (ranged attack)
|-21||Giant Moss Hornet||264/528/792||84/168/252 (contact)
72144 (ranged attack)
- Moss Hornets contribute towards the total for dropping the Hornet Banner and do not have their own banner, despite not being considered a variant of the Hornet, nor even being affected by the buff of the banner they drop.
- Even though Moss Hornets are listed as having stingers, they do not drop stingers.
- The Bestiary entry for the Moss Hornet: "The empowered flora of the Jungle has merged with these species of Hornet, strengthening their exoskeletons and stingers."
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.