The Moth is a rare Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Jungle. It flies around very slowly, and upon seeing the player, will direct its attention towards them and attempt to deal damage to them. Upon killing the Moth, there is a chance that it will drop Butterfly Dust, which is solely used to craft Butterfly Wings. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, it will only drop if any mechanical boss has been defeated.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Moth: "Rarely, exposure to jungle toxins causes certain moths to mutate to enormous size. They release a valuable dust on death."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now only drops Butterfly Dust after one mechanical boss has been defeated.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.