|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3107
The Nail Gun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon which has a
4*1/25 (4%) / 7.84*49/625 (7.84%) chance to drop from Nailhead during Solar Eclipses. It uses Nails as ammunition, which are sold by both the Merchant and the Arms Dealer when the player has the Nail Gun in their inventory for 1 each.
When a Nail hits an enemy, it lodges in the target and does minor contact damage, delivering the remaining with a powerful, delayed explosion. The Nails also stick to surfaces and explode in the same manner. The explosion does not damage the user. Nails are unaffected by gravity until they have flown roughly 30 blocks, at which point they fly with an arc similar to that of an arrow. If used in PvP, the Nails will not stick to players and will instead deal damage somewhere in between the initial damage and the explosion's damage.
Its best modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it. It can also get the Deadly modifier, which, while the Demonic modifier may provide the greatest damage per hit, grants a higher increase to the overall DPS.
- If an enemy dies (or a Moon Lord eye closes) while Nails are still stuck into it, these Nails will pop out, sticking to other surfaces or enemies and exploding like usual.
- It is considered a launcher for the purposes of Shroomite armor.
- When fired in the air with the archery buff in velocity, it actually takes 60% of the buff's modifier longer to fall instead of speeding up.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.