|AI Type||Fighter AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 463
The Nailhead is a Hardmode, post-Plantera enemy found only during the Solar Eclipse event. In addition to dealing high contact damage, the Nailhead has a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to fire three to five Nails in a spread when attacked. He has significantly more health than most other Solar Eclipse enemies, and has a high resistance to knockback.
- There is a half-second cooldown between firing Nails.
- Despite having high health and dealing high damage, it moves slower than any other Solar Eclipse enemy, leaving it vulnerable to multiple attacks.
- Due to the high contact damage, it is risky to fight the Nailhead at close range.
- In Expert and especially Master Mode, the Nails become nearly as deadly as making contact with the Nailhead. It is crucial to deal damage from a distance, preferably from out of the line of fire.
- The Nailhead is a reference to the character Pinhead from the 1987 British supernatural horror movie Hellraiser.
- The Bestiary entry for the Nailhead: "An intelligent being who seeks out souls to steal, utilizing nails from his own body both as a weapon and as defensive measures."
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Information taken from the Desktop 188.8.131.52 source code, method
. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 184.108.40.206.