Nebula armor is a post-Moon Lord armor set that provides magic weapon boosts. It is currently the final magic set available on the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, Nintendo Switch version, and tModLoader version. Crafting this set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Nebula Fragments.
A full set of the Nebula armor will provide the following benefits:
- +60 maximum mana
- +26% magic damage
- +16% magic critical strike chance
- −15% mana usage
- +10% movement speed
Additionally, equipping the full set grants a chance that special booster items will appear when striking enemies with magic weapons / any projectile (which includes minions). Each booster grants a buff that lasts 8 seconds and causes a spark effect to float around the player. When a booster item is picked up while an identical buff is already in effect, it stacks with the previous buff, for up to 3 stacked boosts. Every 8 seconds, one stacked booster expires and the buff decreases by one level. Booster items float in the air and have a greater pickup range than most items.
In multiplayer, any player can pick up these booster items and benefit from their buffs, even if they are not wearing Nebula armor. Additionally, picking up a booster item will grant nearby players (within a 43.75-tile radius) one instance of the buff. If the player acquiring the booster is on a team, only other players within that team will obtain the buff; otherwise, unaffiliated players will spread the buff to all other nearby players upon obtaining a booster.
|Item||Grants Buff||Buff Description|
|Damage Booster||Damage Nebula||15% increased damage for 8 seconds|
|Life Booster||Life Nebula||Increased life regeneration ( 3 / 5 per second) for 8 seconds|
|Mana Booster||Mana Nebula||Increased mana regeneration (about 10 per second) for 8 seconds|
total: 3 row(s)
- The Mana Booster, unlike natural or other sources of mana regeneration, will restore mana while using weapons that use mana.
- There is a probability of
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) to yield a booster each time a player hurts an enemy, with a cooldown of 0.5 seconds.
- The following enemies cannot yield boosters: Bubble Shield, Tesla Turret, Martian Drone, and Ancient Doom.
- In addition to increasing its respective stack, picking up a booster will also refresh its duration.
- All armors made from Luminite have no sell value.
- As of 22.214.171.124, Luminite armor pieces have all been given a proper sell value.
- Like all armors made from Luminite, equipping Nebula armor makes the player give off light, in this case purple. The more pieces equipped, the brighter the light is.
- Due to its increased defense, positive damage bonuses, and extremely high-potential health regeneration, this armor set outclasses both Spectre armor variants offensively while providing survivability close to that of the Spectre Hood.
- Additionally, the Moon Lord's Moon Bite debuff will not stop the Life Booster from working as it increases passive health regeneration, unlike the Spectre armor with Hood, which gives instant health restoration.
- The Celestial Magnet does not increase the pickup range of the boosters, unlike the Treasure Magnet, since the game treats the boosters as items, not as Stars.
- The sprites of the boosters before they are picked up strongly resemble the Nebula Fragments that are needed to make the armor.
- In real life, a nebula is a diffuse interstellar cloud of ionized gases. They are often hotspots of star formation.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Reduced healing per Life Booster stack from 5 HP/s to 3 HP/s.
- Restricted buff boosters so that only magic damage spawns them (previously all types of projectile damage did).
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.