The Ancient Necro Helmet is a rare drop from Angry Bones and Dark Casters in the Dungeon, with a
0.22*1/450 (0.22%) chance of dropping. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, it is functionally identical to the Necro Helmet and the two helmets are interchangeable with no bonus loss.
A full set grants a basic 19 / 16 defense and 10% / 15% increased ranged critical strike chance / 20% chance not to consume ammo. In addition, each piece increases ranged damage by 5%, increasing ranged damage by a total of 15%. It is currently one of only two ranged-specific pre-Hardmode armor sets on Desktop, Console, and Mobile, the other being Fossil armor. This set provides the highest offensive bonuses for the class prior to Hardmode. On Old-gen console, , Switch, and tModLoader, it is the only ranged armor set available in pre-Hardmode.
If the full set is worn, the player leaves an afterimage while running (just like full Shadow armor). In addition, the sound the player makes when taking certain types of damage will be the same as for a Skeleton .
total: 3 row(s)
- In a drunk world, this armor set is obtainable before defeating Skeletron, as Dungeon enemies can spawn prior to defeating the boss.
- The Ancient Necro Helmet has the same sprite as the Necro Helmet had before 1.0.3, thus the phrase "Ancient" in it.
- On the Old-gen console version and version, the Ancient Necro Helmet grants 1% less bonus damage than the Necro Helmet.
- The set bonus stacks with other ammo conservation bonuses. When used with the Megashark, it produces a 60% chance to not consume ammo. Furthermore, using the Ammo Box from the Traveling Merchant will result in a 68% chance not to consume ammo. If an Ammo Reservation Potion is then used, the player's chance not to consume ammo amounts to 74.4%, meaning only approximately every fourth shot consumes a bullet.
- Given both Cobwebs and Bones in surplus, making Necro Helmets is the most profitable way of monetizing either of them.
- In the Drunken World seed, this set is obtainable prior to defeating any bosses, as Angry Bones will spawn above where the Dungeon Guardians will, and cobwebs are always obtainable in the underground.
- The term necro comes from the Ancient Greek word νεκρός (nekrós, "dead").
- It is the only armor set in the game of a rarity.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Decreased the set bonus ranged critical chance from 15% to 10%.
- Increasing defense of each piece by 1 (3 total), including Ancient Necro Helmet.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Set bonus changed from 20% chance not to consume ammo to 15% increased ranged critical strike chance.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Necro Greaves inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Ancient Necro Helmet ranged damage bonus increased from 4% to 5%.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Necro Armor reports the right ranged boost on its tooltip.
- Desktop 1.2: Ancient Necro Helmet introduced.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Amount of bones needed for crafting increased from 90 (25/35/30) to 150 (40/60/50).
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Necro armor stats altered:
- Added ranged damage increase and new set bonus.
- Removed set bonus of 30% increased movement speed.
- Defense of all pieces reduced by 1.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Sprites updated.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Ancient Necro Helmet introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Ancient Necro Helmet introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.