|Knockback||2.5 (Very weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
The Nightglow is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Empress of Light. When fired, four rainbow crystals emerge from the player and home in on nearby enemies.
Each of the rainbow crystals can pierce enemies and hit three times, resulting in high potential damage, but loses 20% of damage for each enemy struck. However, since they spawn in random directions from the player and are destroyed if they collide with obstacles, it can be difficult to use this weapon in confined spaces.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is visibly held by the player when selected, and provides light.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It can be considered an indirect upgrade of the Spirit Flame, a magic weapon that also spawns homing magic projectiles around the player.
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Nightglow seems to be based off of her Prismatic Bolts.
- Like the Last Prism, the Nightglow has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names:
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Red Alchemystics Red/Pink/Purple Antithesis Light Blue/Black Aurora3500 Purple/Blue/Green Cenx Pink/Green Criddle Yellow/Orange Crowno Purple Darthkitten Red/White darthmorf Dark Red/Black Discipile Yellow/Orange Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue/Black Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Green/Yellow Jenosis Yellow/Red/Pink Kazzymodus Green/Black Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Red/Pink/Blue Leinfors Purple Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Green Mid White/Red/Black Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Yellow/Red RBrandon Dark Orange Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Red Unit One Blue/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple Waze3174 Red/Yellow/Green Xman101 Orange/Black Yoraiz0r Pink Zoomo Purple
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Mana cost decreased from 26 to 23.
- Projectiles will now bounce, rather than break, when they come into contact with a block.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.