The Oasis is a naturally spawning mini-biome that can be found on the Surface layer of the Desert biome. It consists of a sizable body of water surrounded by multiple palm trees and shrubbery such as mini cacti, ferns, and flowers. Cattail plants grow in the lake and there are often multiple Dragonflies flying around and above the surface of the water.
As a mini-biome, the Oasis is not considered to be a separate biome from the Desert as far as most game mechanics are concerned: The Oasis counts as a Desert in terms of an NPC's preferred biome, the Oasis will spawn Desert-exclusive critters and enemies, and fishing in an Oasis will yield the same results as fishing in a Desert. Thus, it is possible to create an artificial Oasis by placing water in the surface layer of a Desert biome.
- Animal skulls may spawn in the Oasis biome as a type of background object (they will not respawn once destroyed).
- Several Oasis biomes may spawn in a single world: up to two in small worlds, three in medium worlds, and four in large worlds. However, it is also possible that none will spawn.
- An Oasis may generate on top of any kind of Desert biome, including those with the Underground Desert biome underneath. Although unusual, multiple Oasis biomes can generate in the same Desert.
- In the case of the Desert above the Underground Desert, other structures may generate instead of an Oasis. See Underground Desert § Surface Desert for more information.
- Fishing in the Oasis biome will sometimes drop Oysters, which can contain Pearls that are the main materials for making various Luck Potions. They will also always produce a Shucked Oyster when opened, but the Well Fed buff it gives is inferior to Plenty Satisfied provided by the other Oasis fish.
- A very useful item gained from fishing up Oasis or Mirage Crates is the Magic Conch, which allows the player to teleport to the Ocean biome in similar fashion to the Magic Mirror.
A character using Fledgling Wings to fly above an Oasis.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.