- Internal Item ID: 193
The Obsidian Skull is an accessory that grants immunity to the burning damage normally inflicted by contact with Meteorite and Hellstone. It does not grant immunity to lava or other fire-based attacks. It additionally provides 1 defense.
Meteorite and Hellstone can be mined without Obsidian protection, as you only take damage when touching them in their placed block form; they can be mined from a distance without this immunity. However, this item makes the process much easier.
The Obsidian Skull can be worn in a social accessory slot. When worn, it gives player a unique appearance.
total: 1 row(s)
total: 6 row(s)
- If the player equips a helmet, it will cancel out the Obsidian Skull's appearance, even if the helmet reveals a little bit of the player's face. This can be remedied by wearing the Familiar Wig, which will override the helmet and make the Obsidian Skull visible, so long as it is toggled to be such in the equipment menu. Another exception can be seen when the player is wearing Bunny Ears while having the Obsidian Skull equipped.
- Using Obsidian to craft multiple Obsidian Skulls to sell is an easy way to make money.
- It is part of the 4 components of the Ankh Shield that can be obtained in Pre-Hardmode, the others being the Cobalt Shield, Nazar and Bezoar.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Armor bonus reduced from 2 to 1.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.