|Defense||: 42 / : 30 / : 27 (set)|
|Set Bonus||Flower petals will fall on your target for extra damage|
- Flower Petal
- Internal Projectile ID: 221
Orichalcum armor is a Hardmode armor set and is the counterpart to Mythril armor. Like all Hardmode ore armors, Orichalcum armor has three different headwear options, allowing players to focus on magical, melee, or ranged combat, and each with a corresponding set bonus. Crafting a one-helmet set requires 54 Orichalcum Bars or 216 Orichalcum Ore. Crafting all five pieces requires 78 Orichalcum Bars or 312 Orichalcum Ore.
Whenever the player strikes an enemy while wearing a full set, a flower petal is summoned at the edge of the screen and shoots to the other end of the screen. The flower petal will always be aimed at the enemy that triggered it, but it will damage any other enemy that it goes through. The flower petal has 36 base damage and can pierce, causing damage to multiple foes in a line with a single attack. Petals travel very quickly and pass through solid blocks and liquid with ease. There is a 20 frame cooldown before another flower petal can be summoned again, meaning that this set bonus adds roughly 100 DPS.
total: 5 row(s)
- The flower petals will destroy most background objects, like Pots or the Larva inside a Bee Hive, which can lead to accidentally summoning the Queen Bee.
- The flower petals can be triggered by minion attacks and the stars from the Star Cloak.
|Orichalcum armor test|
using dyes on accessories
|No dye||Pink Dye||Violet Dye|
- To color-match items to Orichalcum armor, use Violet Dye instead of Pink Dye.
- Orichalcum armor's set bonus is powerful against worm-type enemies like Wyverns or The Destroyer, as the petals will hit all of the worm's segments if they enter at a lucky angle.
- This armor is effective with high fire-rate weapons such as the Clockwork Assault Rifle, which can trigger the set bonus constantly.
- Orichalcum is a metal mentioned in ancient writings, but its nature and means of creation is lost to history, leaving it known only by name. It is frequently used in fantasy works as a material more valuable than real-world metals, but there is little consistency between its properties in popular culture.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Orichalcum Mask melee damage bonus increased from 7% to 11% and melee critical chance increased from 7% to 11%.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now requires more bars to craft.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Updated female sprite.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.