It can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into a Owl Cage to be used as decorative furniture. Once crafted, the caged Owl cannot be released again, and when placed down it moves around inside the cage as it would do outside.
total: 2 row(s)
- Much like the Duck that has a human voice say "quack" as a rare easter egg, the owl has a
0.33*1/300 (0.33%) chance to make a human "hoot" sound. The voice of this sound belongs to FoodBarbarian.
- Seeing Owls flying may be confusing because of the Demon Eye that spawns with an owl costume during Halloween looking similar to a flying Owl.
- The owl is the only bird that can't be cooked into food.
- The Bestiary entry for the Owl: "A large, wise predatory bird which hunts nocturnally from the tree tops. "
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now makes hooting sounds less frequently.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced with changes from 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced with changes from 18.104.22.168.