|Knockback||9 (Very strong)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||A powerful returning hammer|
- Paladin's Hammer (friendly)
Paladin's Hammer is a Hardmode, post-Plantera boomerang with extreme velocity and knockback at the cost of range. Paladin's Hammer has a 6.67% / 9.78% (1/15 / 22/225) chance to be dropped from Paladins in post-Plantera Dungeon areas with Brick background walls.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- By default, it cannot autoswing, unlike most late-game weapons. The Feral Claws / Titan Glove and its variants' autoswing ability for melee weapons can rectify this, making this weapon much more useful.
- Increasing melee speed by reforging the weapon also increases its range, as with most boomerangs.
- While the hammer is clearly visible in darkness, it emits no light.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The infinite piercing of Paladin's Hammer makes it very effective against multi-segmented enemies, which it can strike multiple times in one pass. It is similarly effective against enemies that fire destructible projectiles, because the hammer can destroy the projectile and damage the caster in one swing.
- It has similar damage as the Possessed Hatchet. The main differences are that the Paladin's Hammer can pierce, is somewhat faster, does not home in on enemies, and has a lot more knockback.
- With autoswing enabled by accessories and melee boosting gear, this weapon can become highly powerful, possibly dealing a higher DPS than the Terra Blade.
- Due to its high speed, this weapon is effective for clearing the Cobwebs out of a Spider Cave while simultaneously removing or severely damaging any enemies in the vicinity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The hammer is a common choice of weapon for paladins in many fantasy games, though they are not often thrown.
- The hammer's throwing function is similar to Mjölnir, the magical hammer wielded by Norse god Thor, which would return to his hand after being thrown.
- This is the only hammer in the game that has no function as a tool, but still activates the "Stop! Hammer Time!" achievement.
- Unlike the hammer thrown by the Paladin, the hammer cannot pass through blocks.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.