|Buff tooltip||Polly wants the cracker|
Sure, me and the Pirate are pals, but I hate it when his parrot does his business on me. That stuff's corrosive!
The Parrot Cracker is a pet-summoning item. It summons a pet Parrot which follows the player around. If the player stays still for long enough, it will perch on a nearby solid block, staying still until the player moves away from it. It can be purchased from the Pirate for 375, if he is spoken to in an Ocean biome.
- The Parrot Cracker is the second most expensive item to buy, more expensive than the Clentaminator (2) and Autohammer (1), but is surpassed by the Companion Cube (5).
- Continuing from that however, if the captain is homeless the price jumps up to (someone template this in) 5 platinum, 62 gold, and 50 silver, making it technically the most expensive item to buy.
- The pet Parrot looks exactly the same as the Parrot enemy, which can potentially cause confusion between idle parrots during a Pirate Invasion.
- The tooltip of the pet buff reads "Polly wants the cracker". It is a reference to the phrase "Polly want a cracker", which is said to have its origin in the adventure novel Treasure Island by Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson, published 1883, or the popular slogan for the original saltine cracker by the American cookie and snack manufacturer Nabisco (1876). However, the phrase can be verified to have been in use even before those dates.
- "Wants" contains an errant apostrophe.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Pet sprite updated.
- Buff tooltip changed from "Polly want's the cracker" to "Polly wants the cracker".
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Item sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.