Wearing a full set grants a basic 7 defense plus a set bonus of 1 defense, which equals a total of 8 defense.
- It is the most defensive basic wooden armor, though it is the weakest Hardmode armor set, and can only be acquired in a Hardmode world in most cases. This makes the armor set seem to serve little purpose outside of vanity or collectability as the mere presence of the Hallow in a world means that Hardmode has already been triggered, and a defense rating of 8 is woefully insufficient for the tough enemies and bosses awaiting players.
- The Pearlwood Helmet appears to have a Unicorn Horn on it.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Female equipped sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.