- Slime Pet
The Petri Dish summons a pet slime when used, which deals no damage. It grants the Pet Slime buff that lasts until the player manually cancels it by pressing X or X/Square on the buff's icon in the armor section of the inventory screen, uses the Petri Dish again, or the player dies.
- The Pet Slime will fly, pass through walls, and teleport to keep up with the player if the player travels too far away.
- It will slide along the ground instead of "bouncing" like normal slimes.
- It deals no damage, unlike the slime minion and many exclusive pets.
- The Pet Slime is seemingly illuminous in appearance, yet does not emit any light.
- The Pet Slime resembles a Blue Slime, even though the Petri Dish is dropped by Shadow Slimes.
- Any Petri Dish existing was replaced with a Gold Bunny.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny. ()
- Console 1.02: Now dropped by Shadow Slimes, sprite updated.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Sprite updated.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Now dropped by Shadow Slimes.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, dropped by Shadow Slimes.