|AI Type||Worm AI|
|Immune to||All debuffs except Whip debuffs|
The Phantasm Dragon is a Hardmode, post-Golem boss servant that spawns during the Lunatic Cultist boss fight. Its behavior is nearly identical to the Wyvern, and has very similar stats to it as well. The Lunatic Cultist summons a Phantasm Dragon each time the player attacks one of the Lunatic's duplicates. If the Lunatic Cultist completes the spell once more with a Phantasm Dragon still alive, it will summon an Ancient Vision instead.
Segments[edit | edit source]
3 values: Pre-Hardmode › Hardmode › Post-Plantera
|454||Phantasm Dragon Head||100/150/225||15|
|455||Phantasm Dragon Body 1||50/75/112||30|
|456||Phantasm Dragon Body 2||50/75/112||30|
|457||Phantasm Dragon Body 3||50/75/112||30|
|458||Phantasm Dragon Body 4||50/75/112||30|
|459||Phantasm Dragon Tail||50/75/112||30|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player has already defeated the Solar Pillar at least once, they can craft a Solar Eruption to easily kill the Phantasm Dragon since the weapon can hit all of the Dragon's 30 parts simultaneously, increasing the damage inflicted dramatically. This trick can be used with any Pierce or AoE weapon.
- If the Phantasm Dragon spawns during the Lunatic Cultist fight, attack it with Vampire Knives, as the Phantasm Dragon is a very large target making the knives easy to land, which will restore a lot of health.
- If the player did not bring any AoE or Pierce weapons to the fight and they are confident with their aim, they should try to hit the head since it has 50% less defense compared to his bodyparts. Same goes for lingering AoE effect Weapons such as the Electrosphere Launcher or the Toxic Flask, as the Phantasm Dragon will first take extra damage from hitting it's head, then it's entire body has to go through the lingering AoE effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Phantasm Dragon is a total of 30 segments long. Its first segment being the head, the other 29 segments consist of the legs every four segments (for a total of 6 legs), with the final three being the tail.
- A pet version of this enemy can be spawned via the Tablet Fragment, which is dropped from the cultist in master mode.
- The Bestiary entry for the Phantasm Dragon: "Wyvern souls are entwined in the atmosphere of the world. Powerful magicks can summon them through the veil with physical form."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Increased the maximum health from 4000 to 10,000, the head's damage from 80 to 100 and defense from 10 to 15, and the body's and legs' damage from 40 to 50 and defense from 20 to 30.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.