|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3764–3769, 4259
A Phasesaber is a Hardmode / pre-Hardmode broadsword which is a direct upgrade to the pre-Hardmode Phaseblade. It is very similar to its predecessor, except dealing about twice as much damage, being capable of autoswing, and having slightly modified visuals. As with Phaseblades, there are seven / six different color variations with identical statistics, with the color determined by the color of the Phaseblade used to craft it. All Phasesabers emit a small amount of light when swung.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
total: 13 row(s)
- The different colors can be used to differentiate teams in PvP games.
- Both the weapon's visual appearance and its sound effect bear a striking resemblance to the fictional energy sword lightsaber featured in the American epic space-opera media franchise Star Wars. This reference is further reinforced by the requirement of crystals and gems in the crafting of Phaseblades and Phasesabers, alluding to the colored kyber crystals which are used in the construction of lightsabers.
- The sprites for Phasesabers are visibly brighter than Phaseblades.
- In order to fix a bug where Phasesabers placed on Weapon Racks would be unbreakable, the developers remade all Phasesabers into new items (IDs 3764 through 3769), ones presumably that are impervious to the bug. Therefore, the "old" Phasesabers that had negative IDs (IDs -19 through -24) are no longer obtainable; instead, a new one is received. This is most likely the reason the fix is not retroactive yet.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Orange Phasesaber sprite updated. Previous sprite was .
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Added the Orange Phasesaber.
- Damage increased from 41 to 42.
- Use Time decreased from 25 to 20.
- Desktop 1.3.2:
- Fixed Phasesabers in Weapon Racks creating unbreakable Weapon Racks (this fix is not retroactive).
- Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Sprite updated.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Now requires a Hardmode Anvil to craft.
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Sprite updated.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199:
- Now requires a Hardmode Anvil to craft, thereby making it a Hardmode item.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, requires only a pre-Hardmode Anvil.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.