- Internal Item ID: 535
The Philosopher's Stone is a Hardmode accessory which decreases the Potion Sickness debuff duration by 25%. Therefore, 45 seconds after consuming a recovery potion while the Philosopher's Stone is equipped, another one can be consumed. It has a
16.67*1/6 (16.67%) / 14.29*1/7 (14.29%) chance to be dropped by Mimics.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Equipping the Philosopher's Stone and the Charm of Myths does not cause the cooldown reduction to stack.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the effect only applies the instant a recovery potion is consumed, it may be preferable to keep the Philosopher's Stone in a vanity slot and only swap to it when consuming a recovery potion.
- Since the Philosopher's Stone cannot be placed in vanity slots, it's recommended to upgrade it into the Charm of Myths, which can be placed in vanity slots for the above strategy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The philosopher's stone is a legendary alchemical substance capable of transmuting base metals such as mercury into gold or silver. It is also called the elixir of life, useful for rejuvenation and for achieving immortality. According to alchemical texts, the philosopher's stone came in two varieties: white (for the purpose of making silver), and red (for the purpose of making gold), the white stone being a less matured version of the red stone. Sometimes, the color of the stone's solid form is described as an intermediate between red and purple, transparent and glass-like. While the Philosopher's Stone of Terraria does not convert metals, it is related to rejuvenation, as it allows to heal more often. Furthermore, its appearance is consistent with the alchemical descriptions.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.