|AI Type||Pirate's Curse AI|
|Immune to||All debuffs except Whip debuffs|
- Internal NPC ID: 662
The Pirate's Curse is an enemy that spawns during the Pirate Invasion event when a Pirate Captain is defeated. It can fly and move through blocks. It is completely unaffected by all traps, making it difficult to avoid in automated farms.
If the player dies, it will momentarily hover and despawn.
- Due to its ability to phase through blocks, extra care should be taken when AFKing the Pirate Invasion event, as the Curse can quickly kill an unwary player, especially in Expert or Master Mode. A solution might be to summon a minion that will take care of the Curse.
- Its skeletal appearance and the fact that it spawns after the Pirate Captain is killed, as well as its name, are likely references to the 2003 American fantasy swashbuckler film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, as the film featured pirates who were cursed to never die and appear as skeletons in moonlight.
- The Pirate's Curse, Jungle Mimic, Golden Slime, and Spiked Slime are the only killable enemies without Bestiary entries. Furthermore, it is the only killable enemy without a Bestiary entry which can be encountered on any world, regardless of seed and difficulty.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.