Platinum Ore is an early-game ore that spawns in the Underground and Cavern layers, as well as on Floating Islands. Its primary use is in crafting Platinum Bars, which are used to make the fourth tier of equipment and several other items. Platinum Ore is the counterpart to Gold Ore, which can generate in its place in some worlds. Platinum Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from slimes.
total: 3 row(s)
- Platinum Ore can be confused with Silver Ore under certain lighting.
- In real life, platinum has many uses, but is typically known for being even rarer than gold. This was embedded in the fantasy tabletop role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons (featuring copper, silver, gold, and platinum coins), and has since become a gaming trope in its own right, which is continued by Terraria's coin system.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.