Platinum armor is a stronger alternative to Gold armor. It takes a total of 75 / 90 Platinum Bars to craft a full suit. This adds up to 360 Platinum Ore for the full set of Platinum Armor. It is also the strongest set that is made from ore which can be mined from the start (with a Copper Pickaxe)
It consists of a Platinum Helmet, Platinum Chainmail and Platinum Greaves.
A full set grants a basic 16 defense plus a set bonus of 4 defense, which equals a total of 20 defense, 4 more than gold, making it noticeably stronger. It is a viable alternative to Shadow armor or Crimson armor for entering Hardmode, if the player wants 1 extra defense.
total: 6 row(s)
- It may be preferable to skip this armor set and go for Meteor, Jungle, or Hellstone armors instead because of how expensive the Platinum armor is to craft.
- While the Tin, Lead, and Tungsten armors closely resemble their ore counterparts, the Platinum Helmet is more similar in design to the Ancient Gold Helmet.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Platinum Bars needed to craft the Platinum Helmet, Platinum Chainmail, and Platinum Greaves respectively decreased from 25/35/30 to 20/30/25.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Female sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.