|AI Type||Fighter AI|
120180270 (Nebula Piercer)
- Internal NPC ID: 424
The Predictor is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist enemy that spawns around the Nebula Pillar during the Lunar Events. Its main attack is firing five Nebula piercer projectiles at the player, which travel in a straight line in a tight spread.
- The Predictor will not attempt to attack the player if it does not have a direct line of sight to them, but will never cancel its attack, even once killed.
- If the player hides behind solid blocks, the Predictor's projectiles will still "see" them.
- It seems that, when preparing to shoot, its projectiles try to predict where the player moves, giving its name a meaning.Verify
- The name "Predictor" is likely a reference to the 1987 horror sci-fi film "The Predator", which features a futuristic trophy hunter alien known as the "Predator", who is the main antagonist of the film. Not only does the name resemble the Predator, but its design seems to draw inspiration from the predator, being humanoid with a large, brain shaped head.
- The Bestiary entry for the Predictor: "The cosmic power held by these humanoid warriors grant them psychic abilities, in which they use to accurately shoot down foes."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Name changed from "Nebula Soldier" to "Predictor".
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.