|AI Type||Flying AI|
5088132 (Pink Laser)
|Immune to||All debuffs except Whip debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 139
The Probe is a Hardmode enemy which is spawned by The Destroyer. When one of its red-lit segments is damaged, there is a
4*1/25 (4%) chance that a Probe is spawned from it. Probes can move through blocks and attack by firing Pink Lasers.
Probes make fighting The Destroyer an easier and harder task at the same time – the Hearts they drop will keep the player alive, but they are a major source of damage during the boss fight.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite their appearances, the lasers that the probes fire begin from slightly above their centerpoint.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Probes are fairly small, fast, flying enemies who can deal consistent damage in a moderate amount of time. As such, most ranged weapons are superior to melee weapons in general. Any fast firing weapon such as the Crystal Storm will prove effective as well.
- It helps to use a Gravitation Potion or Rocket Boots or one of its upgrades. These allow easy movement to dodge the Probes as they come towards the player and to dodge the lasers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Probe: "A singular probe detached from the Destroyer's body serves as a remote laser battery, often in a swarm of other probes."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Reverted changes from 1.2.
- Heart drop rate decreased from 100% to 50%.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health reduced from 200 to 180.
- Damage decreased from 50 to 40.
- Defense decreased from 20 to 18.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]