|Knockback||7.5 (Very strong)|
|Use time||27 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Strong enough to destroy Demon Altars|
- Internal Item ID: 367
You can't destroy a demon altar with a normal hammer. You have to pwn them.
— A loading screen tip
The Pwnhammer is a Hardmode hammer that is able to destroy Demon Altars and Crimson Altars, blessing the world with one of the six Hardmode ores. It is always dropped by the Wall of Flesh. It has a sparkle effect when used, giving off a good deal of light even in total darkness.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the tooltip states that it can break them, Altars can only be destroyed in Hardmode worlds, i.e. worlds where the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to a series of Metroid-based levels in a level pack named The Invasion 2 for Super Mario Bros. X, a game Redigit has previously worked on.
- The Pwnhammer shares the same color scheme as items crafted from Hallowed Bars, however it itself cannot be crafted.
- The "Pwn" part of the Pwnhammer's name was a popular gaming term from the unofficial language Leet. It is derived from a misspelling of "own", which denotes success and domination, usually in multiplayer. A succeeding player is "pwning" while a failing player is being "pwned".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.