The bulk of the Pyramid is buried underground, with its tip sometimes protruding slightly from the Desert surface. Pyramids contain a single zigzagging tunnel leading to a treasure room, which can contain unique loot. In addition to unique treasures, they are furnished with unique decorative banners and a variety of Pots and Coin Stashes.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible, though very rare, for up to 4 Pyramids to generate in a single world. Some worlds have been sighted to have up to seven.
- A Pyramid's natural tunnel sometimes ends abruptly.
- An experiment generating one hundred small worlds using version 22.214.171.124.1 showed an 83% chance of having no pyramids, a 15% chance of having one pyramid, and a 2% chance of having two pyramids. However, Pyramids are slightly more common since version 1.2.3 and were made even more common in version 1.4.1.
- Another experiment generating one hundred small, medium and large worlds using version 1.3.5 showed a 16% chance in small worlds, 42% chance in medium worlds and 39% chance in large worlds of having one or multiple pyramids.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 1.3, Pyramids were quite common and contained two rooms – one along the standard path and the other completely enclosed. The one along the path always had a Gold Chest while the second one only sometimes had one. If the second one did contain a Gold Chest, it would contain standard pyramid loot. The second room would also contain an Orange Torch and two Pyramid Banners.
- While the Pyramids' real life counterparts are located in Egypt, the Cactus plants that grow in the nearby desert are based on the saguaro, a species native to the Sonoran Desert, a desert spanning large areas of Mexico and the United States of America.
- Rarely, Pyramids can also spawn at beaches.Verify
- Pyramids almost always spawn on the version.Verify
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Made 50% more common.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Made slightly more common.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Made slightly more common.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes from Desktop 1.2.3.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199:
- Generated pots no longer spawn Mummies when broken.
- Second "secret" rooms no longer generate.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Made slightly more common.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.