|Damage||17 / 24 (Ranged)|
|Use time||55 (Extremely slow) /|
45 (Very slow)
|Tooltip||'When 2 or 3 just doesn't cut it'|
- Internal Item ID: 4703
It fires a spread of six / four bullets at a 45-degree angle while having twice the spread of the Shotgun. This spread is very substantial and it is difficult to aim without being right next to a foe due to its unreliable spread variation. However, it can be used against groups of enemies and can reliably hit bosses and bigger enemies.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- This weapon can be devastating early on, capable of one-shotting Crimson and Corruption enemies at close range. However, due to the wide spread of bullets, it is only viable at very close range. For those wanting a shotgun with less spread, see the Boomstick, a chest reward found in the jungle.
- It is very useful against very large enemies like Queen Slime, as larger hitboxes allow more shots to land.
- The Quad-Barrel Shotgun is a reference to the 1979 American science fantasy horror film Phantasm. And also base on Lancaster Quad-Barrel Shotgun (A British Shotgun)
- Despite its lower rarity color and stats compared to the Hardmode Shotgun (apart from the spread), the Quad-Barrel Shotgun has a higher buy and sell price (35/ 7 compared to 25/ 5).
- The Quad-Barrel Shotgun is one of only eleven guns in Terraria to share its name with a type of real gun, the others being the Uzi, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Revolver, Chain Gun, Flintlock Pistol, Tactical Shotgun, Musket, Handgun and the Red Ryder.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage decreased from 24 to 17.
- Projectile number increased from 4 to 6.
- Use time increased from 45 to 55.
- Can now only be bought after Skeletron is defeated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.