|Tooltip||Allows the user to see the world differently|
'Forbidden Knowledge echoes from the radio...'
- Internal Item ID: 5113
The Radio Thing is an accessory that activates a screen effect identical to that of The Constant world seed in normal worlds. In The Constant seed, it will instead cancel out the screen effect, granting the player normal visuals. The accessory functions in both the ordinary inventory slots and vanity accessory slots. It is dropped by the Deerclops with a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance.
- The screen effect produced does not display properly under Retro or Trippy lighting modes.
- The tooltip is a reference to the Forbidden Knowledge animated short, the backstory of Wilson, the main character of Don't Starve. In the short, the main antagonist Maxwell sends out forbidden knowledge to Wilson through a radio and takes him to The Constant.
- While the Radio Thing itself does not appear in Don't Starve, its appearance is based on the game's Divining Rod.
- It appears to be the PR-76 radio created by Wagstaff from Don't Starve.
- Desktop 1.4.3: Introduced.