|AI Type||Hovering AI|
|Immune to||All debuffs except Whip debuffs|
- Internal NPC ID: 253
Reapers behave in a similar manner to Wraiths, but they have higher stats. They move significantly faster than Wraiths, and with the higher spawn rate of the Solar Eclipse, they often attack from multiple directions at once.
They are fairly vulnerable to knockback. Like many creatures that pass through blocks, they do not take damage from lava. Furthermore, weapons whose animations do not stop upon hitting blocks, like most melee weapons, will damage them despite not normally being able to attack through blocks.
- Similar to Wraiths, they are incapable of ascending more than a few tiles above solid blocks.
- The Static Hook, obtainable from the Steampunker, provides for safe means of combating Reapers by simply remaining stationary above the ground in an open area and attacking downwards. Note that this strategy opens the player to attack from flying Vampires, and leaves them stationary for an Eyezor to attack.
- Building a row of platforms several blocks above the ground can achieve the same effect.
- They follow the same AI as Wraiths.
- Similar to Eyezor, the Reaper does not allude to a specific horror movie, instead being a reference to the Grim Reaper.
- The weapon the Reaper is holding strikingly resembles the Death Sickle it drops.
- The Bestiary entry for the Reaper: "The reaper's list stretches endlessly with the names of those who will soon depart this world. His sickle will make sure of that."
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made corresponding updates from 's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0:
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168:
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.