|AI Type||Hovering AI|
|Immune to||All debuffs except Whip debuffs|
- Internal NPC ID: 253
The Reaper is a Hardmode enemy that spawns during a Solar Eclipse. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, Switch version, and tModLoader version, it will only spawn after all mechanical bosses have been defeated.
Reapers behave in a similar manner to Wraiths, but they have higher stats. They move significantly faster than Wraiths, and with the higher spawn rate of the Solar Eclipse, they often attack from multiple directions at once.
They are fairly vulnerable to knockback. Like many creatures that pass through blocks, they do not take damage from lava. Furthermore, weapons whose animations do not stop upon hitting blocks, like most melee weapons, will damage them despite not normally being able to attack through blocks.
- Similar to Wraiths, they are incapable of ascending more than a few tiles above solid blocks.
- Staying relatively high above the ground provides for safe means of combatting Reapers due to them needing tiles below them to hover. Note that this still leaves the player open to attack from flying Vampires and an Eyezor's lasers.
- They follow the same AI as Wraiths.
- Similar to Eyezor, the Reaper does not allude to a specific horror movie, instead being a reference to the Grim Reaper.
- The weapon the Reaper is holding strikingly resembles the Death Sickle it drops.
- The Bestiary entry for the Reaper: "The reaper's list stretches endlessly with the names of those who will soon depart this world. His sickle will make sure of that."
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made corresponding updates from 's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0:
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199:
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.