|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Tool speed||13 / 18|
- Internal Item ID: 2341
On the Old-gen console, , Switch, and tModLoader versions, it can mine Obsidian and Hellstone, which would otherwise require fighting the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu to craft the Nightmare or Deathbringer Pickaxe. Hellstone Bars allow the player to craft Hellstone equipment, which is a major skip of typical gameplay progression. On top of that, the Reaver Shark is capable of mining Cobalt and Palladium ore after the player enters Hardmode, meaning a Molten Pickaxe does not need to be crafted.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
- Despite a faster swing speed, the Reaver Shark has the same mining speed as the Molten Pickaxe; both are still somewhat slow in mining blocks that are easily broken in one hit, such as Dirt.
- The Reaver Shark is relatively easy to obtain. A Reinforced Fishing Pole with some bait is all that is needed. Sonar Potions can be created using ingredients found near the Ocean and are very helpful too.
- Since the Reaver Shark makes the crafting of Hellstone Bars (and related equipment) possible at any stage of the game, acquiring it early is invaluable in Expert Mode.
- The Reaver Shark is the best pre-Hardmode pickaxe for mining almost any material that it can mine, except for Stone/Hard tiles, which the Molten Pickaxe is still slightly faster for.
- Although being a pickaxe, the Reaver Shark can be a useful weapon during early game. It has better DPS than a Platinum Broadsword.
- It bears some visual resemblance to a hammerhead shark. The most notable difference is that the Reaver Shark has its head in a vertical direction instead of a horizontal direction. This being said, however, the Reaver Shark is not a real creature.
- There are three fish tools that can be obtained through fishing: the Sawtooth Shark (a chainsaw), the Reaver Shark, and the Rockfish (a hammer).
- Desktop 1.4.1: Tool speed decreased from 18 to 13.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Pickaxe power reduced from 100 to 59.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Pickaxe power reduced from 100 to 59.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.