|Tooltip||Increases view range for guns (Right click to zoom out)|
10% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
Enemies are less likely to target you
- Internal Item ID: 4005
The Recon Scope is a post-Golem Hardmode accessory that combines the effects of the Sniper Scope and the aggro-reducing effect of the Putrid Scent. Like other accessories crafted with the Putrid Scent, it does not inherit the Putrid Scent's bonus to damage and critical strike chance.
total: 1 row(s)
|Soul of Might|
|Soul of Sight|
|Soul of Fright|
|Eye of the Golem|
- The Recon Scope only works with guns that use bullets, Candy Corn, Gel, or Stakes as ammo. It neither works with other guns, e.g. the Dart Rifle (which uses Darts), nor with other weapons with "gun" in their name, e.g. Piranha Gun or Rainbow Gun (neither of which use ammo).
- The zoom effect is identical to that of the Binoculars or the Sniper Rifle, but the Recon Scope can be used simultaneously with any applicable gun.
- The Recon Scope's zoom stacks with that of the Sniper Rifle.
- The bonus damage and critical strike chance can stack with the ones from the Sniper Scope, for a total of 20% ranged damage and 20% critical strike chance.
- The tooltip is a reference to a voice command of the same name from the first-person shooter series Counter-Strike, a common in-joke through the community.
- Oddly, both ingredients to the Recon Scope have a higher rarity than the Recon Scope itself. While it has a rarity of , the Putrid Scent is , and the Sniper Scope is .
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.