|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Only for those who are worthy'|
- Internal Item ID: 678
The Red Potion is a potion which can be found in Chests in drunk worlds (
3.33*1/30 (3.33%) chance) and "For the worthy" worlds ( 10*1/10 (10%) chance). It can also be dropped by Jungle Mimics, which spawn in Celebrationmk10 worlds.
Consuming a Red Potion in a "For the worthy" world will instead grant up to three of the following buffs (a random one is chosen for each checking, so one effect may be chosen multiple times, which results in fewer effects) for 30 minutes each.
- Drinking Red Potions next to the Nurse can be an easy way to get the Frequent Flyer achievement, as the large number of debuffs is rather costly to remove.
- As of 220.127.116.11, the rapidly increasing costs of the Nurse's services make this unnecessary.
- With the Ankh Charm or Ankh Shield, and Molten armor, it is possible to remove most of the debuffs. Although Suffocation is not removed by any of the three items, healing at the Nurse will remove it.
- Since buffs can be transferred between worlds, loading a "For the worthy" world, drinking Red Potions there, and then returning to one's main world can be a viable strategy.
- The Red Potion is a testing item which was changed before the release of the 1.2.2 update to test giving ordinary players debuffs instead of buffs.
- It replaced the Soul Scythe in the game's code when it was introduced.
- Apart from the Flask of Gold, the Red Potion is the only potion with a golden lid.
- It is the only potion that inflicts more than two debuffs.
- The fact that the Red Potion gives buffs in the "For the worthy" seed is referenced in its tooltip, "'Only for those who are worthy'".
- The Red Potion directly references Redigit, Terraria's lead developer.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, but turns into a resprited Angel Statue when edited in.