The Red Riding armor is a ranger-oriented armor set purchased from the Tavernkeep for
2250000*225 in total, after Golem has been defeated. The set consists of the Red Riding Hood, Red Riding Dress and Red Riding Leggings. Wearing the full set will cause Explosive Traps to attack much faster (from every 1.83 seconds to every 0.67 seconds) and to have a 1/2 chance to inflict 4-9 seconds of the Oiled debuff, making enemies take increased damage from On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Frostburn and Shadowflame.
A full set of Red Riding armor will provide the following stats:
- +48 defense
- +25% ranged damage
- +60% minion damage
- +20% / +10% ranged critical strike chance
- +20% ammo conservation
- +20% movement speed
- +3 extra sentry slots.
The Red Riding armor set is a direct upgrade of the Huntress armor set.
- The total bonus to max number of sentries is +3, allowing 4 to be summoned at once.
- The Red Riding Dress provides the highest ranged damage bonus in the game, and the Red Riding Leggings offer the highest minion damage bonus in the game. The Red Riding Leggings are tied with Mythril Greaves for the second-highest combined bonuses to ranged damage and critical strike chance, behind Vortex Leggings.
- The Red Riding Leggings provide the game's highest minion damage increase for the leggings slot, 3% higher than the Stardust Leggings' bonus. However, the Stardust Leggings add two minions to your arsenal in addition to the damage bonuses, which would lead to higher DPS for a pure summoner. While the Stardust Leggings provide two additional minions, the Red Riding Leggings provide ranged bonuses in addition to the minion boost, which would likely be preferred for a mixed playstyle.
- This set is a powerful hybrid between ranged and summoning styles. It offers higher offensive ranged bonuses than Chlorophyte armor and Hallowed armor, though not as high as those provided by Shroomite armor.
- However, it also significantly boosts the damage output of both sentries and minions. When combined with the Necromantic Scroll and Papyrus Scarab, a player can have significant ranged damage boosts combined with, for instance, 3 boosted Xeno Staff summons. By the time you gain the Stardust Cell Staff or Stardust Dragon Staff, Red Riding armor can begin to significantly outperform Shroomite armor due to its minion damage.
- As neither Shroomite armor nor Red Riding armor provide a very useful set bonus for a pure ranger, one can combine Red Riding armor with a head piece from Shroomite armor to gain the best of both worlds. The Red Riding Dress is slightly weaker for pure ranged than the Shroomite Breastplate, but its large bonus to minion damage outweighs this disadvantage when using minions.
- The Explosive Trap sentry summons, ordinarily a poor choice due to being stationary and slow, become far more powerful when using the full set. They attack much more rapidly, dealing damage faster than any other sentries within the same tier. Placing four of them around you (or below you, if flying) during moon events can help you soar through the early stages.
- This armor set is a reference to the Huntress' Red Riding Hood costume in Dungeon Defenders II, which itself is a reference to the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Added +10% ranged critical chance on the leggings.
- Added 20% ammo conservation on the dress.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.