The Resonance Scepter is a Hardmode, post-Plantera staff which has a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) chance of dropping from the Princess NPC. When used, it creates glowing pink circles at the cursor's location, which expand and then collapse into sparkles over the course of about 1 second. Rapid damage is dealt to any enemies within the circles throughout the animation, and they are knocked back away from the caster. It is not possible to summon the circles through blocks. The scepter in the player's hand also sparkles while it is used, emitting pink light.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- This content is transcluded from NPCs/dropnote.Since town NPCs cannot be damaged by players normally, external damage sources must be used to obtain this item. Effective options include traps, lava, Boulders or Rolling Cacti, enemies, Explosive Bunnies, or the Halloween-exclusive Rotten Eggs (in tandem with Frost armor).
- It will not drop in pre-Hardmode, if the player somehow obtained the Princess pre-Hardmode.
- This is a powerful magic weapon, but it requires every NPC to be present as that is the requirement for the Princess NPC to spawn.
- The Princess uses the same attack when threatened by enemies, although the staff is not shown.
- One may obtain the Resonance Scepter pre-Plantera in the Celebrationmk10 seed by killing the princess as soon as Hardmode starts, since there is no check for whether or not Plantera has been defeated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: No longer drops pre-Hardmode, if the Princess is somehow obtained pre-Hardmode.
- Desktop 1.4.2: No longer only knocks back enemies rightwards
- Desktop 1.4.1: Introduced.