The Resonance Scepter is a Hardmode, post-Plantera staff which has a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) chance of dropping from the Princess NPC. When used, it creates glowing pink circles at the cursor's location, which expand and then collapse into sparkles over the course of about 1 second. Rapid damage is dealt to any enemies within the circles throughout the animation, and they are knocked back away from the caster. It is not possible to summon the circles through blocks. The scepter in the player's hand also sparkles while it is used, emitting pink light.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- This content is transcluded from NPCs/dropnote.Since town NPCs cannot be damaged by players normally, external damage sources must be used to obtain this item. Effective options include traps, lava, Boulders or Rolling Cacti, enemies, Explosive Bunnies, Land Mines, or the Halloween-exclusive Rotten Eggs (in tandem with Frost armor).
- It will not drop in pre-Hardmode, if the player obtained the Princess pre-Hardmode by playing on the celebrationmk10 world seed.
- This is a powerful magic weapon, but it requires every NPC to be present as that is the requirement for the Princess NPC to spawn.
- The Princess uses the same attack when threatened by enemies, although the staff is not shown.
- One may obtain the Resonance Scepter pre-Plantera in the Celebrationmk10 seed by killing the princess as soon as Hardmode starts, since there is no check for whether or not Plantera has been defeated.
- The Resonance Scepter can be considered a indirect upgrade to the Inferno Fork as it is nearly functionally identical, has higher stats (besides knockback and the On Fire! DoT) and instantaneously reaches the location the player aims at. It can also create its projectile midair which the Inferno Fork cannot unless it makes contact with a target.
- It can also be obtained before entering the hardmode dungeon, making for an easy upgrade from their current weapon with little effort if the player has obtained all NPCs so that the Princess can arrive immediately after killing Plantera.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: No longer drops pre-Hardmode, if the Princess is somehow obtained pre-Hardmode.
- Desktop 1.4.2: No longer only knocks back enemies rightwards
- Desktop 1.4.1: Introduced.