The only kind of wood I would bother dyeing is RICH Mahogany. Dyeing any other wood is such a waste.
Rich Mahogany is a type of wood exclusive to the Jungle and Underground Jungle. Its main source is Jungle and Underground Jungle trees, however it can also be harvested from Living Mahogany Trees, from Underground Cabins in the Underground Jungle, and in some worlds from Jungle Shrines too. Rich Mahogany can be used in most of the same recipes normal wood can, generally with jungle-themed results.
Farming Rich Mahogany can be done relatively easy by making area to grow Jungle trees on. Conveniently, Rich Mahogany trees regrow on their own in the Jungle biomes and do not require the player to plant Acorns. In fact, Jungle trees do normally not drop any sort of Acorns, however if branches of a Jungle tree are over a Grass tile they can sometimes drop Acorns when chopped down.
total: 3 row(s)
total: 32 row(s)
- Mahogany is a real-world tropical wood which is indigenous to rain forests.
- Rich Mahogany is the only wood without "wood" in its name.
- While both regular wood and rich mahogany possess a "living" variant, only regular wood has living furniture variants.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Used to craft Rich Mahogany Clock and Rich Mahogany Sofa.
- Desktop 1.2.3: More rich mahogany furniture and lighting introduced.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.